Home Page Genealogies Family Info Links Site Info bjsBanner

FamilyReturn

Timber Ridge Presbyterian Church

Timber Ridge Presbyterian Church is located on Rte. 11 south of Fairfield, Rockbridge County, Virginia. It was organized in 1746 by the Reverend John Blair. Initially the congregation met in the old log building of the Timber Grove congregation. The Stone Church was completed in 1756.

Andrew Scott was an elder on the common bench of Old Providence and Timber Ridge in 1781.

The Reverend Andrew Heron was ordained on April 1, 1815 and installed at Timber Ridge by the Presbytery of the Carolinas. He baptized several of Jesse Scott and Anna Stewart Irvine Scott's children.

In 1818, a building committee was formed to erect an addition to the meeting house. Jesse Scott was a member of this committee.

Timber Ridge
  
Sources
  1. "The Brick Church on Timber Ridge", George West Diehl
Home Page Genealogies Family Info Links Site Info