1. WILLIAM1 SCOTT was born in Scotland, and died in Ballybay, Ireland. He married ? ROWAN. The Scotts were linen merchants in Ireland.
Children of WILLIAM SCOTT and ? ROWAN are:
|2.||ii.||ANDREW SCOTT, SR., b. March 03, 1747/48, Ballybay, Monaghan County, Ulster, Ireland; d. March 10, 1824, Fairfield, Rockbridge County, Virginia.|
|v.||WILLIAM SCOTT, died before 1819.|
2. ANDREW SCOTT, SR. (WILLIAM1) was born March 03, 1747/48 in Ballybay, Monaghan County, Ulster, Ireland, and died March 10, 1824 in Fairfield, Rockbridge County, Virginia. He married NANCY THOMAS. She was born 1742, and died February 19, 1818 in Fairfield, Rockbridge County, Virginia. The Scott plantation in Virginia was called Mount Pleasant. It was passed to Jesse Scott in Andrew's will. Andrew Scott and his family were members of the Timber Ridge Presbyterian Church. They are buried in McDowell's Cemetery, Fairfield, Rockbridge, VA.
Children of ANDREW SCOTT and NANCY THOMAS are:
|i.||JAMES3 SCOTT, d. Abt. July 1818; m. MARY SCOTT, October 07, 1815, Rockbridge County, VA; b. 1785, Ireland; d. May 10, 1872, (86 y, 10 m, 9 d). James Scott's will was filed 6 July 1818 in Rockbridge County, VA Bk 4, pg. 354:|
In the name of God amen
I, James Scott of Fairfield in Rockbridge County Virginia being weak of body but of sound mind and memory do make this my last will and testament. First I will and bequeath to my wife Mary Scott my plantation adjoining Fairfield ? one house and lot now in the possession of my Father and one hundred acres of land now in my possession on the south side of Fairfield adjoining the lands of Col James McDowell & Capt. James Paxton and all appurtenances thereunto belonging as recorded in the County Courty of Rockbridge. I also bequeth to my wife Mary Scott my house, cow, household furniture and all other of my effects as witness my hand and seal this twenty fifth day of April one Thousand Eight hundred and Eighteen.
Witnessed by David Taylor, William Knox, Isaac Gray
|iv.||ANDREW SCOTT, JR.|
|v.||ELEANOR SCOTT, b. about 1774, m. JAMES NELSON, December 07, 1799, Rockbridge County, VA. She died July 22, 1800 and is buried in Old Providence Cemetery, Augusta, VA. They had one child, SAMUEL, who was born in February, 1800 and died July 29, 1800. He is also buried in Old Providence Cemetery, Augusta, VA.|
|5.||vi.||JESSE SCOTT, b. 1783, Fairfield, Rockbridge County, Virginia; d. May 06, 1849, Knightstown, Indiana.|
|vii.||WILLIAM SCOTT, d. Kentucky.|
3. MOLLY2 SCOTT (WILLIAM1) She married JOHN MCCAMPBELL.
Child of MOLLY SCOTT and JOHN MCCAMPBELL is:
|6.||i.||JANE3 MCCAMPBELL, b. Virginia abt. 1800.|
4. ROBERT3 SCOTT (ANDREW2, WILLIAM1).
Children of ROBERT SCOTT are:
|iii.||ANDREW FRANKLIN SCOTT.|
5. JESSE3 SCOTT (ANDREW2, WILLIAM1) was born 1783 in Fairfield, Rockbridge County, Virginia, and died May 06, 1849 in Knightstown, Indiana. He married (1) ELIZABETH FINLEY October 09, 1810 in Rockbridge County, VA, daughter of MICHAEL FINLEY. She is buried in New Providence Cemetery, Rockbridge, VA. He married (2) ANNA STEWART IRVINE November 12, 1816, daughter of JACOB ERWIN and JANE STUART. She was born August 30, 1798 in Rockingham, Virginia, and died December 23, 1863 in Indiana. He is buried in Old Shiloh Cemetery, Center Township, Rush, IN. On 21 Nov 1842, Jesse Scott bought 163 acres of land in Center Township, Rush County, Indiana (the NorthWest quarter of Section 4, Town 15, Range 10) for $3000. He later sold 70 acres, leaving 93 acres to his heirs. After his death, his son William C. Scott was made guardian of his 3 minor children, and purchased their share of the land. He later sold the land to Daniel B. Crawford, his wife's cousin. In the 1850 Indiana Census, after the death of her husband, Anna Scott was still living in Center Township with most of her children. In the 1860 Indiana Census, she was living with her son, Wm. Clement Scott. She is buried in Earlham Cemetery, Richmond, IN. Her tombstone reads Anna Scott, wife of Jesse d. 12-23-1863, 67 y.
Children of JESSE SCOTT and ELIZABETH FINLEY are:
|i.||ANDREW FINLEY SCOTT, b. December 28, 1811; d. March 16, 1895.|
|ii.||MARY ELIZABETH SCOTT, b. 1814, Rockbridge County, VA; d. 1872.|
Children of JESSE SCOTT and ANNA IRVINE are:
|7.||iii.||WILLIAM CLEMENT4 SCOTT, SR., b. November 16, 1817, Fairfield, Rockbridge County, Virginia; d. May 18, 1895, Richmond, Indiana.|
|iv.||JAMES GARDNER SCOTT, b. January 28, 1820; d. between 1850 - 8 July 1857.|
|v.||FRANCIS NEWTON SCOTT, b. July 30, 1822; d. August 23, 1885 in Indianapolis, IN.|
|vi.||JANE ELIZA SCOTT, b. March 17, 1825, Fairfield, Rockbridge County, VA d. January 29, 1895, Knightstown, Wayne Twp., Henry, IN.|
|vii.||NANCY DRUSILLA SCOTT, b. January 12, 1827; d. July 20, 1854. She was baptized by Rev. Andrew Herron. She married MADISON L. ALBRIGHT on April 25, 1850 in Rush County, IN. She is buried in Shiloh Cemetery, Center Twp, Rush Co, IN.|
|viii.||RUTH ANNA SCOTT, b. September 23, 1830, Fairfield, Rockbridge County, VA; d. September 26, 1887, Knightstown, Wayne Twp, Henry Co, IN (57y, 3d).|
|ix.||JESSE EUGENE SCOTT, b. April 17, 1833, Fairfield, Rockbridge, VA; d. November 27, 1891, San Francisco, CA; m. MARIA MULLEN, July 18, 1878, New Orleans, Louisiana; b. 1838, Ireland. He was baptized by Rev. Andrew Herron. He was received into the 1st Presbyterian Church in Richmond, IN on Dec. 26, 1857. He was a QuarterMaster, Company C, 8th Reg Indiana Volunteer Infantry.|
|x.||FRANCES HARRIET SCOTT, b. March 12, 1836, Fairfield, Rockbridge County, Virginia; d. January 28, 1918, Indianapolis, Marion County, IN (age 81).|
|xi.||HORATIO HERRON SCOTT, b. May 30, 1839; d. June 13, 1859. He was baptized by Rev. Andrew Herron and is buried in Earlham Cemetery, Richmond, IN. His tombstone reads Horatio Scott, d. 6-13-1859, 20y-15d|
|xii.||PHILANDER AUGUSTUS SCOTT, b. November 25, 1840; d. February 14, 1863, Civil War, near Williamsburg. He was baptized by either Rev. Horatio Thompson or Rev. Lynn at Shiloh Church, Rush Co. Indiana. In the Civil War, he was part of Co. F, 69th Regular Indiana Volunteer Infantry. He is buried in Earlham Cemetery, Richmond, IN. His tombstone reads Philander Scott d. 2-14-1863, 22y in war near Williamsburg|
6. JANE3 MCCAMPBELL (MOLLY2 SCOTT, WILLIAM1) was born in Virginia abt. 1800. She married ANDREW HERON March 21, 1821 in Rockbridge County, VA. He was born 1789 in Scotland.
Child of JANE MCCAMPBELL and ANDREW HERRON is:
|i.||JOHN M.4 HERRON, b. August 1823; m. MARY E. ?, 1860.|
7. WILLIAM CLEMENT4 SCOTT, SR. (JESSE3, ANDREW2, WILLIAM1) was born November 16, 1817 in Fairfield, Rockbridge County, Virginia, and died May 18, 1895 in Richmond, Indiana. He was baptized by Rev. Wm. Hadsan (Hassan) at Fairfield. He married MARIA FRANCES CRAWFORD January 10, 1845 in West Lebanon, Warren Co., Indiana, daughter of JAMES CRAWFORD and PHOEBE HALL. She was born January 04, 1826 in Oxford, Butler County, Ohio, and died August 22, 1923 in Atlanta, Georgia.
They lived in Richmond, Indiana from 1848 - 1869. They lived in a four-gabled house just opposite St. Paul's rectory in Richmond, Indiana. He owned a store called "The Bee Hive" on old Main Street with Daniel Crawford, a cousin of his wife. He bought a furniture factory in 1865, which burned down in 1868. The family moved to Nebraska in 1869, and settled in Ashland in 1870. They were a very musical family, bringing a piano, other instruments and sheet music with them from Indiana. In 1874, Wm. Clement Scott Sr. and his son Wm. Clement Scott Jr. bought a grocery store from "Old Man Paddock", which remained in the family until 1945.
They were very active in the church. In Richmond, they were members of the Presbyterian Church. William Clement and Maria were received into the church on Dec. 26, 1857 and several of their children were baptized there on March 21, 1861. He was also an elder in the church. In Ashland, they were members of the Congregational Church as there was no Presbyterian Church in town. William Clement Sr. was instrumental in raising funds for the first church building, served as janitor and treasurer and was a Deacon. Maria Scott is listed in the Ashland Congregational Church receipts in 1897 - 1899. She donated $60 each year to the church (the largest amount donated each of these years was $75).
Children of WILLIAM SCOTT and MARIA CRAWFORD are:
|8.||i.||WILLIAM CLEMENT5 SCOTT, JR., b. February 10, 1846, Vincennes, Indiana; d. April 11, 1922, Ashland, Nebraska.|
|9.||ii.||FRANK HALL SCOTT, b. April 07, 1848, Doles, Indiana (9 miles from Terre Haute); d. November 25, 1912.|
|10.||iii.||JESSIE ANN SCOTT, b. July 13, 1850, Richmond, Indiana on Pearl Street; d. January 06, 1880, Indianapolis, Marion, IN. She was baptized at the 1st Presbyterian Church in Richmond, IN on March 21, 1861 along with several brothers and sisters.|
|iv.||HARRIET (Hattie) J. SCOTT, b. March 26, 1852, Richmond, Indiana; d. April 18, 1942, Atlanta, Fulton, GA; m. JULIUS ROMULUS WATTS, March 30, 1874, Ashland, Nebraska; b. 1849, Greensburg, Indiana; d. March 9, 1920, Atlanta, Fulton, GA. She was baptized at the 1st Presbyterian Church in Richmond, IN on March 21, 1861 along with several brothers and sisters. Their marriage license was witnessed by Wm. C. Scott & Mrs. M. F. Scott, M. A. McDonald. His death was reported in the Ashland Gazette on March 11, 1920:
Word has just been received that J.R. Watts of Atlanta, Ga., had died suddenly of influenza. Mr. Watts was a brother-in-law of W.C. and G.L. Scott and was well known by the older residents of Ashland, as he was engaged in the jewelry business at one time in this place.
|v.||HUGH CRAWFORD SCOTT, b. October 05, 1855, Richmond, Indiana on 5th Street; d. April 15, 1936, Atlanta, Fulton, GA. He was baptized at the 1st Presbyterian Church in Richmond, IN on March 21, 1861 along with several brothers and sisters. He was in business with his brother-in-law, Julius Watts, for many years in Atlanta.|
|11.||vi.||ANNA VAUGHAN SCOTT, b. April 23, 1858, Richmond, IN on 5th Street; d. 23 Nov. 1952, Ridgefield, CT.|
|vii.||DOUGLAS SCOTT, b. July 1859, Indiana; died before 1870?|
|viii.||GEORGE LOUIS SCOTT, b. May 01, 1860, Richmond, Indiana on 5th Street; m. BEATRICE MCKENZIE, July 30, 1902; b. Abt. 1875, Illinois. He was baptized at the 1st Presbyterian Church in Richmond, IN on March 21, 1861 along with several brothers and sisters. George took over ownership of a clothing store in Ashland from Hibbard H. Shedd, Mary Zerviah Shedd Scott's brother. Beatrice Scott died in 1925, and George L. Scott in 1944. They are buried in the Ashland Cemetery.
The following review of the clothing store was printed in the Ashland Gazette in 1900:
The oldest established business house in Ashland is the exclusive clothing store of G. L. Scott & Co., located at the corner of Fourth and Silver streets. This establishment was founded by H. H. Shedd in the spring of 1871 and started in a very unpretentious manner, occupying only a portion of a small frame building, located at that time on old Main street. From the first the business proved a success, and by the practice of fair and honorable methods, grew to its present proportions, that of the largest concern of its kind in the county. Mr. George L. Scott has been associated with the business since 1878, from that date until 1893 in the capacity of a clerk. In the spring of 1893 he bought the stock from Mr. Shedd and has since conducted the business under the firm name of G. L. Scott & Co. Strangers have often expressed surprise at finding so large a clothing store in a town making no more pretensions to a city than Ashland, but when on takes into consideration that the trade of the concern reaches far into Cass, Sarpy and Sunders counties, and does not depend wholly on this locality, it is no longer a surprise. The firm handles nothing but guaranteed clothing and has always warranted everything to be as represented, and what is more, always made good that guarantee. These and similar business methods have enabled them to build up the steady and profitable trade of today.
|12.||ix.||RICHARD MCDONALD SCOTT, b. March 09, 1862, Richmond, Indiana on 5th Street; d. March 14, 1937, Denver, CO.|
|13.||x.||ALFRED ARCHIBALD SCOTT, b. September 03, 1864, Richmond, Indiana; d. September 22, 1910 in Lincoln, Lancaster, NE.|
8. WILLIAM CLEMENT5 SCOTT, JR. (WILLIAM CLEMENT4, JESSE3, ANDREW2, WILLIAM1) was born February 10, 1846 in Vincennes, Indiana, and died April 11, 1922 in Ashland, Nebraska. According to his Civil War records, he was 5'7" tall, with a fair complexion, blue eyes, and light hair when he enlisted at age 16. He married MARY ZERVIAH SHEDD December 14, 1876 in Denmark, Lee County, Iowa, daughter of GEORGE SHEDD and ABIGAIL HOUSTON. They were married by E.Y. Swift at her parent's home. She was born August 24, 1849 in Denmark, Iowa, and died August 08, 1900 in Denmark, Iowa. They are both buried in William Clement Scott Sr.'s plot in the Ashland Cemetery.
William Clement Scott Jr. enlisted in the Union Army at age 16. After having been turned down once, he lied that he was 18 and was accepted and served 3 years in Company I, 8th Regular Indiana Volunteer Infantry. He fought in the battles of Port Gibson, Champion's Hill, Black River Bridge, Vicksburg, Winchester, Cedar Creek and Fisher's Gap.
William Clement Scott Jr. and Mary Shedd Scott were active members of the Ashland Congregational Church. William Clement Scott is listed in the Ashland Congregational Church receipts in 1897 - 1899. He donated $32 each of these years to the church. In 1888, Mary Shedd Scott reorganized the missionary society of the Congregational Church to take in both home and foreign work. She was the first president. She also organized the Ashland Woman's Club at her home.
Children of WILLIAM SCOTT and MARY SHEDD are:
|i.||a baby girl, their first born, died in infancy.||14.||ii.||JOHN ADAMS6 SCOTT, b. October 16, 1878, Ashland, Nebraska; d. June 27, 1969, Ashland, Nebraska.|
|iii.||JESSIE ABIGAIL (ABBY/ABBIE) SCOTT, b. March 18, 1881, Ashland, Nebraska; d. February 1972, San Diego, California; m. DR. FREDERICK HOYER MILLENER, April 08, 1915, Ashland, Nebraska; b. June 08, 1872, Tonawanda, NY. Their marriage license was witnessed by William C. Scott, Mrs. Elizabeth Scott. The Affidavit was signed by John A. Scott. They were divorced shortly after their marriage. Jessie was a librarian, and was the first paid librarian at the Ashland Public Library, receiving a salary of $5 per month. She was also an avid genealogist and did much of the research on the Scott Family.|
|15.||iv.||CLEMENT SHEDD SCOTT, b. July 20, 1885, Ashland, Nebraska; d. October 05, 1957, San Diego, CA.|
|v.||MARIA DOROTHEA SCOTT, b. October 27, 1887, Ashland, Nebraska; d. February 19, 1923, New York City, New York.
Maria Dorothea Scott was born in Ashland, Neb. Oct 27, 1887. She graduated from the Ashland High School in 1905, entered the Nebraska University School of Music in 1906 and graduated from there in 1909. She was the organist and musical director of the Ashland Congregational Church, and belonged to the P.E.O. and Eastern Star in Ashland. She died of pneumonia in New York City, Feb. 19, 1923.
Dorothea was the best Latin student in her High School class. She could trim hats, make beautiful clothes for herself. She was considered the best cook in Ashland. She had a nice voice. She was church organist for the Congregational Church for a number of years. [JSM]
Dorothea is buried with her parents and grandparents in the Ashland Cemetery:
Oct 18 1887 - Feb 19 1923
|vi.||MARY ELIZABETH SCOTT, b. November 10, 1889, Ashland, Nebraska; m. EVERETT B. SCOTT, August 16, 1935, Bellrose, Long Island, New York; d. February 09, 1954, Garden City, Long Island, New York.
Mary Elizabeth Scott was born in Ashland, Nebraska, Nov. 10, 1889. She graduated from the Ashland High School in 1908, taught country school in 1909, went to the Normal School at Kearney, Nebraska in 1910 and graduated from there in 1912. She entered the Nebraska University in 1912 and graduated from there in 1914. Member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma and the Black Masque sororities. Was a member of the PEO in Ashland, later resigned from PEO. She began teaching in the 8th grade Ashland Public School 1914 - 15 and in the High School 1915 - 1917. She went to New York City and held a position with the Wheat Export Company during the war years. Later she was in the Personnel Office of the Standard Oil of New Jersey.
On Aug. 16, 1935, she married Everett B. Scott (no relation) in Bellrose, Long Island. He had a daughter, Joan, who was 7 years old at time of this marriage. He died in Garden City, Long Island, Feb. 9, 1954. His first wife was Edna C. Froyd, who was born in Paxton, Illinois, Oct. 6, 1890 and died ? She is buried in Forest Lawn, Los Angeles, Calif. Joan Estelle, her daughter, was born in Portland, Oregon, Dec. 16, 1927. [JSM]
9. FRANK HALL5 SCOTT (WILLIAM CLEMENT4, JESSE3, ANDREW2, WILLIAM1) was born April 07, 1848 in Doles, Indiana (9 miles from Terre Haute), and died November 25, 1912. He married JULIA DRAPER DAVIS March 27, 1878, daughter of ADOLPHUS DAVIS and MARY DRAPER. She was born December 05, 1852 in Boston, MA, and died February 07, 1937 in Hartford, CT. She is buried in Rosedale Cemetery, Orange, NJ.
Children of FRANK SCOTT and JULIA DAVIS are:
|16.||i.||DONALD6 SCOTT, b. June 04, 1879, New York; d. April 04, 1967, Santa Barbara, CA.|
|17.||ii.||CLEMENT SCOTT, b. November 16, 1880, New York; d. September 16, 1941, Hartford, CT.|
10. JESSIE ANN5 SCOTT (WILLIAM CLEMENT4, JESSE3, ANDREW2, WILLIAM1) was born July 13, 1850 in Richmond, Indiana on Pearl Street, and died January 06, 1880 in Indianapolis, Marion, IN. She married MALCOLM ANDREW MCDONALD March 31, 1874 in Ashland, Nebraska, son of JOSEPH MCDONALD and NANCY BUEL. He was born April 28, 1848 in Crawfordsville, Indiana, and died January 28, 1919 in Indiana. Their marriage license was witnessed by Mr. and Mrs. W. C. Scott and Mr. and Mrs. Julius R. Watts. He worked for the railroads, and in 1890 was a General Mgr, Pittsburgh & Western Railway in Pittsburg, PA. They are buried in Crown Hill Cemetery, Indianapolis, IN (Sect. 13, Lot 13).
Children of JESSIE SCOTT and MALCOLM MCDONALD are:
|18.||i.||MALCOLM SCOTT6 MCDONALD, b. April, 1875, Indiana; d. December 24, 1925, Huntington, Cabell, WV.|
|ii.||FRANK WATTS MCDONALD, b. November 28, 1876, Indianapolis, Marion, IN; d. October 01, 1935, Huntington, Cabell, WV. He was buried October 03, 1935 in Crown Hill Cemetery, Indianapolis, IN (Sec. 13, Lot 13).|
11. ANNA VAUGHAN5 SCOTT (WILLIAM CLEMENT4, JESSE3, ANDREW2, WILLIAM1) was born April 23, 1858 in Richmond, Indiana on 5th Street, and died November 23, 1951 in Ridgefield, CT (State File #17366). She was baptized at the 1st Presbyterian Church in Richmond, IN on March 21, 1861 along with several brothers and sisters. She married RICHARD ARBUTHNOT JACKSON September 19, 1882 in Ashland, Nebraska, son of RICHARD JACKSON and ANNA KNOTT. He was born September 5, 1858 in Richmond, Wayne, IN, and died April 29, 1934 in Ormand Beach, FL. Richard A. Jackson was a lawyer. In 1895, they resided in Richmond, Indiana. Anna was very interested in the Scott Family history, and wrote letters to her niece, Jessie Scott Millener, as well as many of the profiles included here.
Child of ANNA SCOTT and RICHARD JACKSON is:
|19.||i.||FIELDING VAUGHAN6 JACKSON, b. September 20, 1884, Wayne Co, Indiana (H-1 186); d. August 22, 1962, Norwalk, Fairfield, CT (State File #15537).|
12. RICHARD MCDONALD5 SCOTT (WILLIAM CLEMENT4, JESSE3, ANDREW2, WILLIAM1) was born March 09, 1862 in Richmond, IN on 5th Street, and died March 14, 1937 in Denver, CO. He married ADELE ELIZABETH STRATTON August 01, 1893 in Kansas, daughter of SAMUEL STRATTON and MARY THOMPSON. She was born March 04, 1864 in Illinois, and died April 01, 1920 in Denver, CO.
Children of RICHARD SCOTT and ADELE STRATTON are:
|20.||i.||RICHARD MCDONALD6 SCOTT, JR., b. November 28, 1894, Ashland, Saunders, NE; d. December 18, 1965, Denver, CO.|
|ii.||FRANCES SCOTT, b. November 24, 1898; d. November 1985, Denver, CO; m. CHARLES KRETSCHMER; b. July 01, 1890 d. July 1975, Denver, CO.|
13. ALFRED ARCHIBALD5 SCOTT (WILLIAM CLEMENT4, JESSE3, ANDREW2, WILLIAM1) was born September 03, 1864 in Richmond, Wayne, IN, and died 22 Sep 1910 in Lincoln, Lancaster, NE. He married EFFIE W. LEESE 08 Oct 1891 in Lincoln, Lancaster, NE, daughter of WILLIAM LEESE and MIRANDA WILSON. She was born 03 Mar 1870 in Palmyra, NE1, and died 06 Jun 1959. She was Society Editor for the Lincoln Daily Star for many years, and served as President of The Lincoln Women's Club from 1897-1898. They are buried in Wyuka Cemetery, Lincoln, NE.
Child of ALFRED SCOTT and EFFIE LEESE is:
|i.||WILLIAM ADRIAN6 SCOTT, b. 09 Mar 1898, Nebraska; d. 29 Jan 1965. He was a freshman at University of Nebraska, Lincoln in 1915. He is buried with his parents in Wyuka Cemetery, Lincoln, NE.|
14. JOHN ADAMS6 SCOTT (WILLIAM CLEMENT5, WILLIAM CLEMENT4, JESSE3, ANDREW2, WILLIAM1) was born October 16, 1878 in Ashland, Saunders, NE, and died June 27, 1969 in Ashland, Saunders, NE. He married ELIZABETH ANN STANLEY May 12, 1929 in Papillion, Sarpy, NE, daughter of ADELBERT STANLEY and ROSE STAMBAUGH. She was born January 27, 1903 in Ashland, Saunders, NE, and died June 12, 1971 in Ashland, Saunders, NE.
John A. Scott didn't finish high school as he left when his grandfather became ill to help in the family Grocery Store. The store was opened in 1874, and sold in August, 1945 when he retired. Elizabeth Stanley Scott began working in the grocery store at age 16. They worked side-by-side in the store until it was sold in 1945. He was a charter member of the Ashland Rotary club, organized on May 20, 1935.
Children of JOHN SCOTT and ELIZABETH STANLEY are:
|i.||JOHN WILLIAM7 SCOTT; m. RUTH LIND, December 22, 1951, Wahoo, Nebraska|
|ii.||DONALD STANLEY SCOTT; m. WILLA JEAN CHARON, June 05, 1955, Golden, Colorado|
15. CLEMENT SHEDD6 SCOTT (WILLIAM CLEMENT5, WILLIAM CLEMENT4, JESSE3, ANDREW2, WILLIAM1) was born July 20, 1885 in Ashland, Nebraska, and died October 05, 1957 in San Diego, CA. Clement graduated from Ashland High School in 1902, and attended the University of Nebraska from 1903-1907. He was in the hay and grain business in Kansas City, MO with his brother-in-law, who married his cousin. He married ELSIE FLORENCE SHOFSTALL June 10, 1914 in Kansas City, MO, daughter of WILLIAM SHOFSTALL and ANNABELLE HOWLAND. She was born December 02, 1884 in Decatur, OH, and died March 24, 1951 in Ashland, Saunders, NE. They are both buried in the Masonic Cemetery, Kansas City, Missouri
Child of CLEMENT SCOTT and ELSIE SHOFSTALL is:
|i.||ANNABELLE7 SCOTT, b. March 20, 1920, Kansas City, Missouri; m. (1) JIMMIE PAUL CLEM, September 07, 1940, Yuma, Arizona; b. December 13, 1919, Oklahoma; d. March 04, 1963, San Diego, CA; m. (2) ROY GEESEY. Jimmie Clem is buried in National Cemetery, Ft. Rosecrans, San Diego, CA.|
16. DONALD6 SCOTT (FRANK HALL5, WILLIAM CLEMENT4, JESSE3, ANDREW2, WILLIAM1) was born June 04, 1879 in New York, and died April 04, 1967 in Santa Barbara, CA. He married (1) MARY CHANNING EUSTIS September 16, 1908 in Milton, MA, daughter of WILLIAM E. C. EUSTIS and EDITH HEMENWAY. She was born 1885 in Massachusetts, and died January 07, 1917 in New York, NY. He married (2) MARY LOUISE SMITH. She was born 1885.
Children of DONALD SCOTT and MARY EUSTIS are:
|i.||DONALD7 SCOTT, JR. b. 1910, New York; m. NANETTE MARY WISE June 21, 1934 in Studland, Isle of Purbeck, Dorset, England.|
|ii.||DOUGLAS CHANNING SCOTT, b. April 20, 1912, New York, NY; d. September 13, 1997, South Glastonbury, Hartford, CT; m. PRISCILLA SPALDING; b. November 14, 1914, Lowell, MA; d. March 21, 2002, South Glastonbury, Hartford, CT|
17. CLEMENT6 SCOTT (FRANK HALL5, WILLIAM CLEMENT4, JESSE3, ANDREW2, WILLIAM1) was born November 16, 1880 in New York, and died 1941. He married HENRIETTA COLLINS HOWE, daughter of DANIEL HOWE and HENRIETTA COLLINS. She was born July 14, 1886 in Hartford, CT.
Children of CLEMENT SCOTT and HENRIETTA HOWE are:
|i.||CLEMENT7 SCOTT, JR., b. July 04, 1914, Hartford, CT; d. January 1985, U.S. Consulate: EGYPT (ALEXANDRIA).|
|ii.||HENRIETTA ATWOOD SCOTT, b. 1917, Hartford, CT; m. (1) WILLIAM CARL MUELLER Abt. 1938; d. July 1961; m. (2) WILHELM VON MOY; b. November 04, 1895; d. December 1977 in Denver, Denver, CO.|
|iii.||MARJORIE HOWE SCOTT, b. June 1919, Hartford, CT; m. LEETE PARMALEE DOTY August 01, 1942 in Hartford, CT.|
18. MALCOLM SCOTT6 MCDONALD (JESSIE ANN5 SCOTT, WILLIAM CLEMENT4, JESSE3, ANDREW2, WILLIAM1) was born April, 1875 in Indiana, and died December 24, 1925 in Huntington, Cabell, WV. He attended Earlham College, Richmond, IN from 1888 - 1889. He married HANNAH CHRISTY BELL January 02, 1901 in Wayne County, IN (Book T; page 38), daughter of WILLIAM BELL and IDA MAY HENLEY. She was born May 31, 1879 in Indiana, and died April 1967. They are buried in Crown Hill Cemetery, Indianapolis, IN (Sec. 13, Lot 13).
Children of MALCOLM MCDONALD and HANNAH BELL are:
|i.||MALCOLM B.7 MCDONALD, b. November 30, 1901, Wayne County, IN (H-3 155); d. January 10, 1990, Decatur, DeKalb, GA (Cert #000937).|
|ii.||CHRISTY V. MCDONALD, b. 1904.|
|iii.||BETTY ANNE MCDONALD, b. 1915; m. ALBERT J. CORSI; b. May 12, 1911, Wayne, IN (CH-5 266); d. May 5, 1955. She received an AB from Earlham College, Richmond, IN in 1837, attended Berkly School of Secretarial Training and was Secretary to Dean of Women at Earlham from 1938-1939.|
19. FIELDING VAUGHAN6 JACKSON (ANNA VAUGHAN5 SCOTT, WILLIAM CLEMENT4, JESSE3, ANDREW2, WILLIAM1) was born September 20, 1884 in Richmond, Wayne, IN (H-1 186), and died August 22, 1962 in Norwalk, Fairfield, CT (State File #15537). He married JULIA B. TOWER. She was born February 03, 1904 in Providence, RI, and died August 15, 1988 in Maryland (Age 84, Conn. State File #90206).
Children of FIELDING JACKSON and JULIA TOWER are:
|i.||JULIA7 ANNE JACKSON; m. ROSLYN D. YOUNG, JR.|
|ii.||JAMES ARBUTHNOT JACKSON, b. December 10, 1936, Providence, RI; d. January 17, 1999, Charlotte, VT; m. SANDRA MAYO.|
20. RICHARD MCDONALD6 SCOTT, JR. (RICHARD MCDONALD5, WILLIAM CLEMENT4, JESSE3, ANDREW2, WILLIAM1) was born November 28, 1894 in Ashland, Saunders, NE, and died December 18, 1965 in Denver, CO. He married MARGO POSTLEWAITE June 17, 1922 in Denver, Colorado, daughter of WILLIAM POSTLEWAITE and JULIA WILLIS. She was born February 06, 1897 in Denver, CO, and died October 18, 1988 in Lakewood, Jefferson, CO. They are buried in Fort Logan National Cemetery, Denver, CO (Plot M 357).
Children of RICHARD SCOTT and MARGO POSTLEWAITE are:
|i.||JULIA7 FRANCES SCOTT.|
|ii.||LOUISE ADELE SCOTT.|